How can we actually use them to create the life we want?
We all come across idiots in power at some point in our lives. Some idiots abuse their leadership position to enrich themselves and their cronies. Others don’t know what they are doing, they are short sighted and/or they don’t care about us. We feel that these idiots are a hindrance, but the opposite is true. They actually hold the key to our success and happiness!
watch the video below and/or read the blog below the video.
In order for me to explain how we can effectively deal with the idiots in power and use them to create our own happiness, we first need to take a minute to think about what creates our happiness.
For example, what makes me feel happy is when I make a difference and I have supportive and fulfilling relationships.
I am going to explain how we can deal with these idiots in power and use them to create our happiness, by analysing an event that happened in South Africa a short while ago. You can use this same technique for any idiotic leader in your country, company and/or community.
In South Africa, we have idiots in power who believe they can create wealth for their people, by taking away from others. We had many idiots in our parliament who decided that it is a good idea to consider changing the constitution to make it possible to take land without compensation.
When I heard this, I felt sick to my stomach. Why? Because I felt that these idiotic leaders are hindering my happiness and success, because my safety felt threatened. It is a known fact that taking land without compensation will not bring the prosperity, employment and wealth to this country as the idiotic leaders are promising.
There are certain universal principles and one of them is “What we sow is what we reap.” This means that if we bring destruction to others, we will experience destruction ourselves in some shape or form. We cannot become physically, emotionally and spiritually wealthy, by taking away from others. The proposal to take land without compensation is going to bring poverty!
The leadership in power is a reflection of the consciousness of the people they lead. What if we can change the consciousness of the people by getting as many people as possible to change themselves? The good news is that we only have to change the consciousness of a very small percentage of people to have a huge effect on the whole country.
The first thing many people think when they hear about idiotic decisions that are made:
"We must resist this! We have to fight it!"
But what we resists, persists. I am going to share with you my wild idea on how we can transform this possibly explosive situation in our country. Why not give it your best shot. You can always decide to fight after you have taken yourself through this exercise.
I am going to share with you a technique whereby my clients and I have always had at least one of these outcomes:
- The person(s) I dislike disappear gracefully out of my life
- They change
- They don’t affect me anymore
- I become very effective in dealing with them
This is a technique we have full control over. Nobody can prevent us from using it. It costs no money, only a bit of our time!
The technique is called the Three Fingers Pointing Back, This is my favourite topic, because it always brings me and my clients solutions and it always brings the key to unlock success and happiness.
I do teach it a little different than most people teach it.
What I say is: "What we see in others, is a reflection of how we treat ourselves!" (Hanna Kok)
There are seven steps and if we want to get the results as described above it is important that we apply all the steps!!
To illustrate to you how the 7 steps work, I am using myself and my experience of this event as an example. It can be different for you.
If I look at the idiots in power who are proposing the land –grab without compensation I see in them a number of issues:
- They disrespect me, my happiness and/or my possessions.
- They are too proud to look at themselves and change themselves. They rather blame others for the poor state of affairs. Julius Malema leader of the EFF is for me a perfect example of this as he is the biggest instigator in South Africa of this land-grab policy
- Their actions sow destruction and are going to bring unhappiness for all, eventually
Where do I do that? And especially where am I doing this to myself?
If you find yourself unwilling to look at yourself at this point I want to ask you “Are you doing a Malema on yourself? Are you also too proud to look at yourself and rather blame others?” I really invite you to go with me through all the 7 steps. I find gold for myself, every time I apply these irritating, yet wonderfully effective Three Fingers Pointing Back.
- I am disrespectful towards my own happiness, every time I choose to dwell on unhappy thoughts.
- When I am unhappy, I tend to become self-righteous and blame family members for my unhappiness. I am too proud to admit they are my mirror and they show me my own short comings.
- I am causing the destruction of my own happiness, by holding on to my unhappy thoughts.
Why do I do this? I behave like this, for a number of reasons.
- The emotional pain is so uncomfortable and I don’t know what to do with it.
- Then I hope to reduce my pain by lashing out at others, or blaming them.
- I don’t like to admit that I am responsible for the life I created. If I admit this, I l feel even worse (about myself)
I think the political leaders realise they have fallen short. South Africa is now the country with the highest unemployment rate in the world. This means government of the New South Africa has failed. This is a painful pill for them to swallow. They are too proud to admit they made mistakes, so they rather blame others and their history for their problems.
My Pretended advice to them is:
- Don’t try to numb your pain by blaming others for your problems. Realise that when we are upset, we lose our higher brain functions and we behave like reptiles, action-reaction, fight or flight, defend our territory.
- Focus on making your personal wellbeing, (physically, mentally and spiritually) your top priority, by doing what you can, with the means you have at the moment.
That means - allow yourself to feel your emotions, and then let the emotions go.
The Brain Gym® exercises called PACE can really help for this, especially the Hook-ups.
- When you are calm, your whole brain works again. You have your wisdom back. You can get inspiration on how to solve the land-challenge, by thinking out of the box.
- Stay focused on the now, deal with what you can, Now
This is definitely one of my weaknesses.
I am not good at dealing, feeling and talking about my emotions. I have been afraid my emotions will swamp me.
If I want to build relationships with other people, it is important for me to let go of my fear of getting hurt. When I allow myself to feel what I am feeling and then let go of those feelings, I realise I cannot get emotionally hurt by the actions of others. I might dislike their actions, but I don't feel hurt. These idiots in power have brought me GOLD!
I realise now the idiots in power have been treating me the same way I have been treating myself.
At the same time I have found gold. They have taught me a very important lesson!
I must make my inner-well-being my top priority, by allowing myself to feel my emotions and deal with them in a mature manner. If I want to reach my goals for my life, this is a very important skill I need to develop!
It is time to forgive them, so that I set myself free.
I pretend they are standing before me and I say to them: “Even though I disapprove of your actions, I understand it now. And I forgive you from the bottom of my heart.” I don’t have to say this to them in person.
Then I also have to forgive myself for treating myself the same way. So I say to myself : Even though I disapprove of my own behaviour, I understand it now and I forgive myself from the bottom of my heart.
- stop irritating me or
- I become effective in dealing with them.
When you explore this for you, most of the time their idiotic behaviour leads to us feeling disrespected, because:
- They didn’t take us into consideration
- They didn’t listen to us
- They disrespected our boundaries.
It can be in a certain area of our life that we are disrespectful.
And then focus on changing yourself.
As we get more and more respectful of ourselves, we attract people who are respectful of us too. And so there will be no room for these idiots in power.
I do know it really, really works and works fast.
If you like to create change in your life, by changing yourself and your beliefs, then we have the perfect tool for you. We have a great App called Apphirmations. It is a great tool to replace self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs with beneficial ones. We have free content and content to purchase.
- Apply it first to yourself, as often as you are irritated. You can do it after you have calmed down. I also find it hard to apply the three fingers pointing back when I am upset.
- Please encourage others to apply the Three Fingers Pointing Back
- Please use the buttons below to share this blog with the people who would benefit from this blog, any people as possible, so that we can change the consciousness of the country we live in and so improve the quality of the leadership!