How are memories formed?
- At the RAS we throw out anything that doesn’t fit our reality. In other words we throw out everything that is in conflict with our beliefs. So if we believe that life is hard, we will not register the moments in our life, when life is easy and flowing. We feel stressed, because we only see the moments where life is hard. If we believe life support us, then we will see that and the stress levels will be a lot lower.
- In the Basal Ganglia we throw out the things that are unimportant. Again our belief system determines what information goes through. If we feel unsafe, we register all the moments in the day that make us feel unsafe and we overlook situations where did feel safe. If we truly believe (not wish) that this world is safe for us, then we register all the moments where we felt protected.
- At the amygdala we throw out all experiences that don’t trigger our emotions. If we are already in survival mode, anything that makes us feel unsafe will be registered and the stress spiral continues. If we are filled with joy, then we will register all the moments that trigger our joy and not pay a lot of attention to more stressful moments
- In the prefrontal cortex we throw out all experiences that are not in line with our intentions, needs and desires. The problem is that most of us don’t focus on what we want. We focus on what we don’t like. Our brain will pick that up as our intentions, needs and desires and so we process all the things we don’t like and not register what we do like. The opposite is also true. If we focus on what we do like, then we register all the things we like.
- At night during our sleep we create long term memories out of our short term memories, which get stored in our body.
It is the end of the year and many of us are tired and we feel we need a rest to reduce the stress levels. Taking a break will help for a while, but then we create the same stress all over again, unless you find ways to identify and release the self-sabotaging beliefs, emotions and habits.
This year I have learnt that if I want to grow in my life it is advisable to get coaching by somebody who knows what they are talking about. In the past year I had people assist me with business, my personal life and even health and I have grown with leaps and bounds. You can do the same. Look for someone who is living the life you want to live and ask that person for advice, because they know what they are talking about.
If you want to create a great year instead of just another year, it is vital that you change your beliefs. If you do that you will automatically create new choices and actions too. We are ready to assist you with our great products and services. Why not contact us for more information.
If you want to be notified of future blogs, use the newsletter sign-up form in the page footer.