WHO IS DOING THE RESEARCH?
This independent research is conducted by:
- Dr V. Govender, MBCHB,MMED,FCORL,Dip Allerg,FIMFF,AME, ENT, Head and Neck Surgeon, Allergologist, Aviation medicine
- Dr K. Govender, BSc, MBChB, General Practitioner
- Hanna Kok, Medical Intuitive, Allergy Practitioners and Brain Gym® practitioner
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE RESEARCH?
“To scientifically measure the effect of the Advanced Immune Booster Apphirmations on Covid-19 patients and their symptoms.” We want to research if we can activate the mind to boost the immune system and so speed up the recovery time for Covid-19 patients.
WHO DO WE WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
We need a group of Covid-19 patients who meet the following criteria:
- Tested positive for Covid-19
- Have Covid-19 symptoms
- Have a device with internet access
- Preferably taking the following medication as prescribed by Dr Govender. If you are already on other medication, then we would still like you to participate.
- Zinc Sulphate 200mg po (per oral) daily
- Vitamin C 1000mg po daily
- Aspirin ½ tablet po daily
- Panado 500mg po (as needed, not more than three times daily)
- Vitamin D 50 000iu po once off
- Help us to collect data regarding their personal recovery process.
- We can use their data for our research
- They signed the consent form
WHAT ARE THE PARTICIPANTS REQUIRED TO DO?
The role of the participants in the study involves the following:
- Take their medication as prescribed by Dr Govender.
- Use no other medication for their Covid-19 symptoms. (They can off course use medication for other illnesses they have.)
- They will participate in an intake interview, which will be conducted telephonically. (15-20 min)
- Keep track of their recovery process on a tracking sheet
- Are willing to participate in follow-up phone calls to follow their recovery process. (5-10)
- The research will take 14 days, or until you are well again.
- Partake in an exit interview to evaluate their experience as a whole (15-20 min)
- 50% of the participants are to listen daily to our Advanced Immune Booster Apphirmations, as will be explained.
- Whenever the participant feels concerned about the progression of their illness, s/he will contact a medical professional.
WHAT IS THE REASONING BEHIND THE STUDY?
Psychoneuroimmunology is the science of how the mind affects our immune system. It is now a known fact that our stress levels, directly impact on our immune system. Dr Candice Pert, author of “Molecules of Emotion” and Dr Bruce Lipton, author of the book “Biology of Belief” explain how emotions create neuropeptides, which trigger reactions in our cells. Stress forming emotions, weaken the cells. This is how emotions directly affect the health of our cells and our body as a whole. The healthier we are, the less likely we become ill from a viral infection.
Dr. Bruce Lipton also teaches how our subconscious beliefs operate our life 95% of the time. Our subconscious stories we tell ourselves about ourselves and our lives (Our beliefs) trigger our emotions and so affect our stress levels. If we feel powerless against the virus, our stress levels go up.
We can create a health-mindset and strengthen our immune system by:
- Releasing many stress-forming emotions and beliefs
- Replacing them with uplifting emotions and beliefs
- By teaching the subconscious mind and body to be in harmony with it’s environment
- By teaching the subconscious mind that we can overcome viral infections with ease.
- By helping the body to absorbs it’s nutrients properly, by removing energy blocks. This reduces stress that is caused by malabsorption and more nutrients will get absorbed. This aids to our overall health
We have developed specialised affirmations called the Advanced Immune Booster Apphirmations, which address point 1-5. 50% of the participants will play these Apphirmations very softly every day and night, so that their subconscious mind will be trained to overcome the viral infection. It will be randomly decided who will be using the app and who doesn’t.
All collected data of the participants will be analysed as a group. No personal data of a participant’s illness and recovery process will be made public, without written consent. For this research, we are collecting data from 100 people.
CAN YOU WITHDRAW FROM THIS STUDY EVEN AFTER HAVING AGREED TO PARTICIPATE?
Participation of this study is voluntary. This means that there is no penalty or loss of benefit for non-participation. Participating in this study is voluntary and you are under no obligation to consent to participation. If you do decide to take part, you can fill in the consent form at the bottom of this page. You are free to withdraw at any time and without giving a reason.
Any data collected prior the withdrawal, can still be used in the study, but all personal information will be anonymised.
WHAT ARE THE POTENTIAL BENEFITS OF TAKING PART IN THIS STUDY?
The potential benefits of the study are:
- You could recover faster from your Covid-19 Symptoms
- You are helping humankind to test a possible solution to the Covid-19 pandemic.
ARE THERE ANY NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOU IF I PARTICIPATE IN THE RESEARCH PROJECT?
If you decide to participate you are asked to make the following contributions:
- Buy and take the prescribed medication
- If you are asked to use the App, you will use your device to play the Apphirmations 24/7. This will use a little bit of data.
- Give your time for the intake interview, follow-up calls and exit interview
- Give time to keep record of personal progress
- There is NO RISK involved to participate in this project.
WILL THE INFORMATION THAT YOU CONVEY TO THE RESEARCHER AND YOUR IDENTITY BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL?
All data collected will be collated and used collectively. We then statistically compare the data of both groups participating. All personal data will be kept confidential. If for some reason we would like to highlight personal experiences, we either do this anonymously or with personal consent.
Your personal information is only gathered, so that we, the research team, can be in contact with you. It will not be used in the write-up of the research paper.
HOW WILL THE RESEARCHER(S) PROTECT THE SECURITY OF DATA?
Electronic information will be stored on a password protected computer for current and possible future research or academic purposes. Future use of the stored data will be subject to further Research Ethics Review and approval if applicable. If there is no need for the information, all information will be permanently deleted from the hard-disk and back-ups.
WILL YOU RECEIVE PAYMENT OR INCENTIVES FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS STUDY?
All participants will be given access to the Advanced Immune Booster Apphirmations for future personal use. You will not receive any monetary payment for participating in this study.
HOW WILL I BE INFORMED OF THE FINDINGS/RESULTS OF THE RESEARCH?
If you would like to be informed of the final research findings, please contact Hanna Kok by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the header “Request for Covid-19 research results” .
DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
Should you require any further information or want to contact the research team about any aspect of this study, please contact:
- Hanna Kok,
- 082 856 6655.
Thank you for taking time to read this page and we hope you will participate in this study.
Have fun and take some risks
CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS STUDY
Research Consent Form
Some Results We Have Seen So Far
|We measured the symptoms qit the following points
0=Not at all, 1= A little, 2= A moderate 3=Very much 4=An extreme amount
|Common Covid-19 Symptoms
|Lung pressure test normal reading for his age is 93%
|shortness of breath/difficulty breathing when sleeping, cold nights. Lungs go spasm?
|myalgia (muscle pains)
|On what % are you funtioning now compared to before falling ill with Covid-19?
|tinnitus at night
|burning sensation inside the skull for a few seconds at a time since 1 Sept.