Huh? Can a person be allergic to their work? Absolutely!
How will you know if you have an allergy to your work? Just answer the following two questions.
- Are you living for the weekends and dread having to go back to work after the weekend?
- When you think of your work do you feel and of the feelings listed below?
- Stomach aches
- Low energy
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of concentration
- Feeling offended by people at work.
- Muscle tense up
- Or any of symptoms you can find in the Allergy Symptoms illustration (see below)
If you answered yes to any of these, you could have a mild or more severe allergy for your work. We spend so much time at work. So I suggest you read this article to get some ideas on how to change how you feel about your work.
What is the definition of an allergy?
The definition I use of an allergy is any physical or emotional overreaction to something or somebody. We overreact because we misinterpret this thing or person as a threat. It is an automatic response that we have very little control over. Allergies often steal our joy (in our work) because they pull our energy down. The illustration above list possible synonyms for this type of allergies.
When we have an allergy, we will have one or more allergy symptoms. Look carefully at the Allergy Symptoms illustration below. This list is not complete.
How many of these symptoms to you experience? They could be triggered by work, or by other allergies e.g. food allergies. That is why I always recommend a holistic approach to dealing with allergies. It is vital that we address the root causes of our allergies. This way, we often get rid of other allergies at the same time.
Why bother to overcome your allergy for work?
If we are allergic to work, we have button that can be pushed by others that makes us unhappy. They can push that button accidently or on purpose. Who wants to give their power and happiness away like that? I am sure none of us like that idea. Would you like to know what can you do about it?
How to overcome your allergy for your work.
Many allergies start with some form of trauma. And especially an allergy like being allergic to your work. There will be an unresolved trauma linked to it. So, it is important that we find the trauma and release it. (It can be done super quick). The key to resolving the trauma is to revisit the incident (not in detail). Look at it with hindsight. We might be able to put things better in perspective now. We can ask ourselves:
- What happened
- How did we interpret this event?
- Is there another way to interpret this event?
Somebody was rude. We interpreted this as “They don’t like me.”
How else could I interpret this event? It is a fact that only people who are hurting will hurt others. It is possible that this person was upset about something and took their pain out on me? Most likely.
Forgiveness, the tool release trauma
Now it is time to forgive all the parties involved, including ourselves. Forgiveness is not about who deserved it or not. It is not something your have to do with someone else. It is private exercise which we can do in our head. We never have to speak to the other party. You can if you really want to, but you don’t have to at all.
Let’s go back to our previous example. We would have to forgive the rude person for hurting so much, that they took their pain out on us. We can understand their behaviour, but we don’t have to condone it.
We also need to forgive ourselves for:
– Misinterpreting this rudeness as a personal attack.
– Letting the incident affect us so much.
How do you feel after you have forgiven everyone?
What is your next step?
Please answer the following questions.
- Do you have any of the symptoms listed in the Allergy Symptoms illustration?
- Do you want to do something about your symptoms? (Why settle for just living with those symptoms if you can become allergy free?)
- Do you want to claim your power back?
If yes, then I invite you to come to a free Allergy Discovery Session.
In this session you will discover;
- What allergies you have and how they could possibly prevent you from having the health, wealth and/or relationships you want.
- We will create a crystal-clear vision of the life you will have once you are allergy free
- We will uncover any hidden allergies that could be sabotaging you, or slow your down in your pursuit of reaching your health, wealth, and relationships you want.
- You will leave the session renewed, re-energised and inspired to create The Allergy Free Life You Want.
Picture 1 from Freepik.com
NAET training manuals.
Did you enjoy this article?
Would you like to be informed of our future blog posts as they come hot of the press? If yes, please sign up to our newsletter.